In our long history of providing care with love, dignity, and respect, Peace Care has earned the reputation as one of New Jersey’s leading non-profit eldercare facilities. Our high standard of excellence is founded on the dedicated work of the members of our health care team who are committed to providing the compassionate care that each and every one of our residents deserve.
Are you looking to join a winning team?
Successful candidates selected receive competitive salary and benefits as well as the satisfaction that comes from working together to help our residents live their days in a peaceful, compassionate environment.
The prospective Peace Care St. Joseph’s job candidate should:
- Possess the talent essential to meet the standards of service we are renowned for, and
- The work ethic required to meet the high demands of the health care industry
- Be caring and compassionate, and
- Be committed to excellence firmly established by our existing staff
- Be Customer Service-orientated to make our residents and guests comfortable
Join Our Team
Peace Care St. Joseph’s is currently hiring for the following positions:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates resident/patient plan of care, administer medication and provides treatments. A graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current registered nurse licensure by the NJ State Board of Nursing. A minimum of three months of experience in a skilled nursing facility preferred but not required.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Provides nursing care under the supervision of a registered professional nurse, administer medications and provide treatments. A graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current practical nurse license issued by the NJ State Board of Nursing.
Certified Nursing Aide (CNA)
Provides direct personal care, nutritional and transportation needs under the direction of the nursing staff. Completion of the State of NJ approved nurses aide training program. Current State of NJ certification required.
Full Time RN Night Shift (12:00 am to 8:00 am)
A full-time RN position on the night shift (12:00 am to 8:00 am) along with part-time and per diem positions available.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate a resident/patient plan of care, assign nursing diagnosis and document nursing orders to direct the care
- Perform direct services for resident/patient such as administrating medications and providing treatments, providing personal care to facilitate continual assessment and evaluation and assisting with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Coordinates the communications of resident/patient care needs with members of the other disciplines utilizing an in-depth knowledge base to ensure comprehensive follow-through on issues
- Compares and interprets previous and present data and information; reports and records pertinent data; recognizes, corrects, and reports safety concerns
- Plans and initiates resident/patient and family health education
- Functions independently with minimal direction from the Unit Manager; assumes charge and staff nurse responsibilities as assigned
- Performs tasks that require the expertise of a registered nurse, participates in the nursing quality assurance programs and maintains and promotes cohesive public and professional relationships, including community, resident, patient, family and physician services
A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current registered nurse licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing. A minimum of six months experience in a skilled, long term care nursing facility; sub-acute experience preferred.
Director of Social Service
Currently seeking a Director of Social Service to plan, develop, organize and direct the operation of the Social Service Department to assure that appropriate social services are provided to patients and residents.
- Ensure that medically-related social services are provided to maintain the highest physical, mental and psycho-social well-being of each patient/resident
- Meet with patient/resident and families at time of admission to identify any social service needs
- Coordinate the interdisciplinary care planning process and participate in the process of development of a written interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient/resident
- Supervise the CSW staff member
- Coordinate the grievance resolution procedure in partnership with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator
- Provide information, counseling and support for patients, residents and families
- Assists patients/residents in exercising their rights, with financial matter and/or legal matters
- Coordinate discharge planning
Qualifications: Current LSW in State of New Jersey required. Must have knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid programs and regulatory requirements. Experience in long-term facility required; experience sub-acute preferred.
For more information and to apply please contact Janet Connery
Call: 201-653-8300 ext. 2404 or send resumes to email@example.com EOE
Peace Care is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We are a “smoke-free environment” and prohibit smoking in all facilities and a drug-free workplace.