The past three months have been challenging, to say the least. As healthcare providers, our primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. To achieve that goal, we sometimes have to isolate from the outside world. And sometimes, we cannot, nor should not, ignore what is happening outside our doors.
Though it may seem that the world is turned upside down, we recognize that there is tremendous opportunity to make permanent strides toward peace. At Peace Care, we are fully committed to doing our part in bringing about a more just and peaceful society. As a ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, we wholeheartedly agree that peace is achieved through acts of justice. We fully stand with our sponsors and support their call for peace and justice.
We believe that through extending compassionate care to others, especially those who are most vulnerable, we are helping to make our world a more just, loving, and peaceful place for all. Our mission of providing care with dignity for the healing of the whole person speaks to the core of who we are and what we represent. In accordance with our Values, we shall
- Attend to the whole person with the goal of reaching each one’s potential in a dignified manner that affirms and supports the gift of life.
- View care as an act in communion with the Church, as we treat all persons with the belief that each of us is created in the image of God.
- Be good stewards of all that is given into our hands—people, resources, earth itself.
- Work in a collaborative manner, mutually supporting one another with integrity.
- Respect and embrace our diversity, for only then can we truly be inclusive and earn each other’s trust.
- Achieve peace through acts of justice.
We embrace the truth that all people should be respected and treated equally regardless of race, age, gender, orientation, birthplace, and religious belief. We renounce discrimination in any form. We respect and embrace our diversity, so that we are truly inclusive and earn each other’s trust.
We encourage you to treat others as you wish to be treated. Be the change we wish to see in our communities. Stand up for what is right and just. Please join us as we pray for peace, justice, and compassion in our nation and throughout the world.